Sunday, August 24, 2014

Gonna make it! 3/31/2014

Hey everyone!  I am still on a mission. Just so you know. I know you are worried if I am gonna make it or not. Just kidding. 

Well this week has been good. A few district meetings and exchanges. I got to go on an exchange with Elder Lawton my ex comp and he was in my mtc district so I have known him for forever. We get along really well. On our exchange we were both sick and on bikes. We taught a new guy, saw a lady that moved from the North Saint Paul Ward that me and Elder Lawton taught but she didn't remember him- just me. Even though it was his area haha. We also taught a family that Elder Lawton is working with who are getting baptized. The Gonzales family They were pretty cool. A family with like 6/7 kids it will have a huge impact on their family. That will be cool. They are solid so I just got a feel for them and it was awesome to see their conversion. The Dad is pretty funny and cracks jokes all the time. He actually has the same heart condition that Taylor has. 
      
 Well we taught a bunch of new people this week. Meaning we did a ton of finding. We found 7 new people to work with and so hopefully one of those people will progress. That's one of the coolest things that I have developed on my mission is the ability to talk to anyone, in any situation. I know before my Mission I wasn't weird or antisocial but I wouldn't normally talk to people I didn't know unless I had to. In fact a lot of times I used to avoid confrontation if I could. I still am kind of like that, but if it is for missionary work no way. So I am grateful that I have been able to grow a lot in that area, just talking with people and being their friend right off the bat. If you treat someone like your friend when you talk to them then they will be friendly when they talk to you. That is probably my biggest strength. 
       
I am also definitely my own mold which could be my downside my Mission President, knows I try but I still sometimes crazy. I am not the missionary who like is crying when he types his testimony to his family or anything so I think I still have a while to go on my conversion. I will work hard and do my best to be obedient, but honestly my mission hasn't stiffened me up too much. I don't know if that is good or not good yet. 
         
Elder Mumford, I guess he is Cameron Mumford now, wrote me and said as he has talked to a lot of Rm's they all say they wish they would have loosened up a little bit more on their missions, I think with the attitude of having fun and being obedient and working hard is how you can make the mission the best 2 years of your life. Honestly it is the only time you serve God in this capacity. Many missionaries say it is the best 2 years for your life not of your life. Well i think they are looking at it wrong. Have some fun! So I just wanted to let you know I am sorry I am not going to come back like really, nazi-ish about stuff, but i know its also OK. So moral of the story is don't be loose! I think a lot of missionaries forget about life and forget how to be people. 

Things are going well with Sister Matson she may be really close to baptism. Cross your fingers. I am excited for General Conference. I am not going to make German apple pancakes because last time i botched them. I might make cinnamon rolls or something but I forgot to get some ingredients from the store i just remembered. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Gosh dangit bobby.  I am not sure what everyone is doing for it. Man this stinks my last Conference and in a month my last phone call. If I can extend, I will, I have around 6 months left though. I will ask the Pres on Thursday for an extension!  

An outline of next week starting with today p-day. Tuesday Leadership meeting. Wednesday normal day.   Thursday interviews and exchanges with some missionaries.  Friday-nothing yet and Sunday is General Conference. It should be a fun week and inspirational.

I am doing well glad to hear from all of you hey what is the date Colby is getting married and what Temple?

-Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment