Monday, January 13, 2014

Sir Mix A Lot Rap turned into Elder Mix A Lot:) 9/23/13


Dear Family and friends... just kidding I don't have friends to send this to!
          You get a good looking email today. Man you are so lucky. Some families are really lucky to have a spiritual child that probably brings his journal to the library when he emails to share all of the experiences that he had this week. Well, I haven't written in my journal since I have been in Princeton so don't expect that! (I am busy is the reason mostly:)  ) But you guys happen to have the Brother/son of Konnor Hall, and this is just how I do things. I will give you guys an Introductory Paragraph. I will most likely talk about the places that I have been this week, and who I was with.  One of the paragraphs will probably be random stuff (This i would consider the most important of the three). The last paragraph is what is going on in the area with me and my companion, (this might be equally as important as number two, just for this week).
         So this week has been pretty good. Monday of last week was pday and I can't remember what we did. Actually I played a little bit of basketball during it. Oh ya, our carpet got replaced. Cause it was freaking grosse. So we had to be gone all day during that. Move all of our couches, desks, dressers (the Princeton apartment has a lot of crap) out on Saturday night and take it back in Monday night. So we did that all Monday. That was pretty fun. So no proselyting Monday night cause we moved in and organized our furniture. Then Tuesday was... decent we found a cool lady from Mexico whose name is Beanay, the spelling I have absolutely no clue. Pronounced BNA. Kinda funny. She is a new investigator whom we taught the restoration and invited to be baptized. She is really nice and we are bringing a Spanish Book of Mormon to her tomorow. That is pretty cool she was the last house of the street that we were gonna hit up. One of those stories. So if she gets baptized it will be nuts. I actually don't have many stories like that. I thought every door was gonna be like one more knock Elder! Then people would just be getting baptized left and right. Elder Holland said the biggest problem we should have as missionaries should be from getting pneuomonia from the Baptismal font. We should be tapping out after a few hours of baptism. We are gonna have to step it up. We have an average of 4 Baptisms per missionary on their Mission. President Clements is invoking a lot of change and we have gone from like 20-30 baptisms a month to 53 projected in September. He is a really smart guy. He is a little tired from what I observed on Thursday as he didn't eat lunch at our Training and could just tell he was tired. He is really giving it his all- which is a great example for me. 

Wednesday we did studies and did some service for debi about the house filled some holes with puddi and stuff. Then we went to Bloomington with an exchange with the Assistants to the President. Which was very conveniently planned, Ha Ha. Princeton is 30 miles from St. Cloud and Bloomington is about 100 ish. So with a trip to St. Cloud on the following day (Thursday) they really hooked us up. But it was good. Although me and Elder Mcdonough didn't teach, I think Elder Tubbs and Elder Neely did. It wasn't the best exchange Elder Mcdonough was kinda tired but it was good. He is a good Elder. We got there at 3:30 and left at 6:30 to go to St. Cloud for our training with our Zone and Pres. Clements. also Sister Clements. Zone training isn't a big deal like Zone conference. Lunch is provided at Zone conference, Zone training is just tiny as heck. We had a quick interview then exchanged with Buffalo Elders. I went to Buffalo and Elder Ware, Buffalo Elder (0bviously..), went to Princeton. They saw a less active and taught Debi. They set a Baptism date with her. She still has to get over smoking but she said yes to October 26th. She played the piano at Church yesterday. It is her calling. A part member we teach named Rinehart who has come to Sacrament 20 times also got a calling yesterday. Gospel Principles Class President. Well actually co- pres with him and his wife. Bishop is sly cause we wanted him to come to all of the Church meetings, so he did that. They came all 3 hours and it was sweet. Things are going well. Our teaching was down but not too bad. We only had 4 days basically in our area. A team in the District didn't do anything. For numbers they got 0's on everything. It was pretty bad.
          Things with me are going good. I have been trying really hard to eat healthy . Replaced a good amount of meals with shakes. Even ran on Saturday morning, 2 1/2 miles. Smoked my Comp who weighs 45 pounds less then me. So I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Eating tons of spinach shakes. Healthy ... ish meals and whatever I get fed. My problem is I can eat so much now. And excercise so little. Hopefully I will play some ball today and burn off some steam.  Man transfers are next week. So a week from now you will know if I am staying. It seems like a just a little bit ago I was just like Ahh I am staying dang it. Three months is a good amount of time in Princeton for me. It is a good starting area I think. Get your sticks area out of the way early! Ha, I bet you guys are like Konnor needs to have a better attitude and get over being in the stix. My attitude is great and I work as hard as I would any other area.. It really is just a lot harder out here and I am still not used to it. Like 4,500 people compared to 120,000 people areas are totally different. Princeton is one of the smallest places in the mish. Good Ward and everything I would just rather work in a place with a condensed Ward and more people. My friends are all home but Rourke who comes home in October. Chris sent me a picture maybe I will send it to you guys. Hope things are going well. Not sure what is going on with all of you. Usually only moms update... which is skewed probably towards mom's agenda so send me the real update. Via that paper, son. I'm all about the paper. Email's I forget about. Happy birthday this month Mom. I know it is September something I just don't remember when. Ha sorry:)  Love ya your a good Mom. Brysons or Ben's is the same month. Happy birthday to you too. Sorry I don't remember. Oh well. Last week was pretty bad with thinking about music and friends and basketball. I got pretty distracted. It is that being out a year thing. Ha I was eating a banana and spinach at Zone training and President was just chilling in the hallway with us. Everyone was eathing healthy like apples and yogurt and stuff. President was like man you are the healthiest zone in the mission what is the deal. I was like we are all sick of being fat! I told them how the AP's weigh you before your exchange cause they like the surprise on people's face. They get all mad- and say that scare is off. But I weigh 190!! It is bad. I need some of it- the scare.  I would like to be a strong, 175 I think that would be a good weight for me... but idk. I left at 162. Ya math that one! That is a 56 pound gain if I keep it up the rest of my mission. So that is a fun statistic. So a challenge to everyone but Bryson:) If you can beat me running a mile when I get home then I owe you something.
         So we made a miracle cause that is what we do as Missionaries. We make it to normal songs and sing it or rap miracles in. We did ours to I like Big butts by Sir-Mix-a-Lot. Well it was pretty much just me. The song went like this. "I like date sets and I cannot lie. The Elders qourumn can't deny. When an Investigator shows some really great faith and she wants to set the date, she said yes!  We're bringing Elder Ware in! Getting baptized by the priesthood of Aaron! It just makes me wanna exclaim Oooh Sister Pinckey you wanna go get Baptized? Date set, date set, date set, date set, October 26th. So Elders.. YA? (high voice) Elders... Ya(highvoice) Do your gators have no dates? Well ask em ask em ask em ask em show the lord your faith.  By Elders mix-a-lot
         It was pretty funny. I always try to do something funny like that. I did an eminem song one time. Things are going well and I am loving things. That was my week . Hope yours was good. Oh I got a postcard from Elder Mumford and it had people skiing on it. He said I saw this and it reminded me of all the things you can't do. And he sent me a little postcard. How nice of him:)  Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment