Monday, September 2, 2013

Hot- Good Day 8/26/2013

   It has been a good week! Really hot! I think it is like 115 with the humidity at about 80 degrees. So sweaty. My companion just graduated High School from American Fork, he is the same age as Sharwan. It is crazy. Elder Tubbs from AF, he is funny, definitely a Mormon. He is a good guy, knows the Scriptures decently. This week we went to transfer meeting, Elder Boynton left then I tracted all day in Bloomington. That is what the trainers do while they wait for their new Companions because the Newbies get interviewed by the Mission President and have first day stuff that they do. Then at 5:30 we have dinner with all the new missionaries. A young women named Sister Kendra Curtis came out to the Minnesota Mission this last Wednesday and she is brand new. So I saw her at the Mission home. Ate pizza with her and caught up a little bit. It is super weird cause we almost had a thing once!  Plus she is way pretty. I am not trunky or anything just telling you it is an interesting situation but it was good to see her, she is in a different zone no worries. Plus I am not a Sister guy. I'll send a picture of meeting up or something next week, I forgot my camera this week. A member drove us to the Mission Home, I'll day. He is a stud and saved us like 150 miles. My boy. We had a good first week. Not too much going on but we taught some lessons and some less-actives. Elder Tubbs even invited two ladies to Baptism. So hopefully more of where that came from- coming soon. Can't believe Wany goes to BYUH in two days. I don't know what you are doing sending her there!  Lindsay Lohan threw a party there a few years ago and partied with the BYU-H kids!  Ha that part is true, but that is a good school and exciting!  Sharwan will be a great student.
            I also went and traveled around this weekend. One team in our District had this lady Sister Larsen whose family is all members and she wanted to be baptized. She could make her testimony of everything a little more solid, but she knows Baptism will be good and I believe at this point baptism would be good for her. She lives in Elk River Minnesota, she is a very good lady about 40.  She kept saying man your so young- your like my sons age. I guess he is 22. Wait until she see's all of the interviews coming from 18 year olds in the near future. It was a good interview. She will have a second interview to talk with our Mission Presidency or someone in it for her Baptism. Her Baptism will be Saturday, very exciting.
             I also interviewed a guy named Brady who lives in Buffalo, Minnesota. He is 20 year old and he is really cool. He is dating and is engaged to a member. He had a sincere testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had a good interview and he is already inviting people to church. He is getting married in October and Baptized this Saturday as well. He is awesome and will be a great member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So awesome things and miracles are happening. Us or the sisters need to get someone Baptized.  Because Princeton needs some miracles!  It is plowing through the weeds in this area, but we will figure it out! Gonna do some La work too. Joe is an older man, 78 years old that we teach. He has a good testimony of Jesus Christ. He smokes like a banshee. So we are helping him quit. Debi  has an outstanding testimony. Her Faith is low and she is struggling to quit smoking but with faith I know she can do it.  Rine Hart is a part member as well but young maybe 25 years old, he comes to only Sacrament meeting every Sunday and we meet with him every other week. 

Things are going well. I played basketball and did some drills that were way too freaking hard today. I am out of shape.  Start sending me exercise programs or diets!  I love you all. I am grateful for you guys. Society is so crazy. I am kinda crazy but keep it up!  Ya, I will write you back every letter you send to me!  That's a promise! see ya in 1!
 
 
         -Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment