Monday, July 29, 2013

Missionary clothing requirements change 7/29/2013

      Hope your week is going well. I just got done playing some 2 on 2 football with the Junckers Grandson. She also talked to me a ton about Genealogy trips. She would search URLS for graveyards and find family names. Sounds hard but I never thought about it cause we have the internet. But in the millennium we will just book it around probably digging up the earth or something. Idk if I will ever do genealogy.  Sounds like too much work. I would rather help someone move something. I am doing good. Nah I don't need my bike shipped. I get it tomorrow. We have a Leadership Conference at the  Chapel adjacent to the temple in Oakdale tomorrow.  Then we get to do a temple session with the Leadership. It will be good. I am always drained after I go to the temple on my mission but I am lucky to go. Things are going OK. We need to be smarter about our missionary work in our area. I usually know what to do and I have grown a lot and have a lot more confidence in myself than prior in my mission. President Clements did interviews in St. Cloud this last week so I got to talk to him.  There are some cool people. Our ward Mission leader is Pete Miller. He does Iron Mans and has done a bunch of Lifetime events. some he likes and some he doesn't like. But his Son went to Nepal. Did Himalayan elevation level Marathon and had a forth place finish. He also slipped into Tibet to see a lot of Monasteries. He was off the radar. He stayed at Nepali people's homes even when he didn't understand them.  It sounds like a sweet experience.  I totally want to go to Nepal. When he was in Tibet (now China) the government wouldn't let him back into Nepal. Kick him off buses and stuff. But he hired a driver who drove him to the border in the middle of the night. He is a lawyer and is moving to Dubai soon . He will visit their home here in Minnesota soon it will be cool to talk to him. In interviews we just talked about random stuff. Like getting people to church and teaching the story of the Restoration then committing those people to church or a solid return appointment. But he talked about the new dress code. So new information church wide, when we are proselyting we have to use side shoulder bags.  Like the Xango maroon colored bag that we had. But we have to bike with those too so idk if loose bags would be really annoying to bike with. A nice side bag would be sweet. Not too big just medium sized not as big as Colby's laptop bag either.  https://missionary.lds.org/dress-grooming/elder/dress/shoes?lang=eng at the bottom are examples of bags. Also suits can be lighter. I could wear a light grey suit. Which I want.   https://missionary.lds.org/dress-grooming/elder/dress/suits/?lang=eng     And slacks you could have khaki colored slacks. https://missionary.lds.org/dress-grooming/elder/dress/slacks/?lang=eng as long as they are the same material.  Watches have to be a dark color. My Wallmart one watch broke. But I bought this pink watch. But that is no good now. We also can wear a light blue full sweater if we wanted or red full sweater. So that would be cool. The thing is I can't get this clothing in Princeton. There is nothing here. In St. Cloud we have Outlets. I am wondering if I could get a suit and slacks and maybe find a cheap watch somewhere and a sweater. Just a light grey suit. My grammy suit is way too small for my fat old self and my Mr. Mac suit is pretty used. So I was wondering if I could have some money to buy those things. Those aren't necessary though the bag is necessary.  Do you think Colby could shop for a bag that looks "cool" for my standards and have him get it online or wherever and send it? Those are the only things that I would need from the changes. Ya, idk why the side bag change. I guess it is more business and people might be scared of backpack bombs, this is sad we in America need to worry about this now. Missionaries are gonna look so metro, its not gonna be good in my opinion. A bag with a strap around the waist might be good with biking, as long as it looks good and not weird. Jordan would be tight:)  Apparently by the pictures the can have color in it. But I wouldn't mind black like that one backpack I used to have. I guess on our zone p-day next week we are going to play quid-itch. But we also get to watch a movie, Remember The Titans which will be cool. Although the Missionaries in the cities get to go to the Twins game. I just missed it..... but I have tried running more in order to train for quid-itch  I am freaking out of shape. Although I did run almost 2 1/2 miles in like 20 minutes but it was WAYYY harder than it used to be. I could do that in my sleep before my Mission. I need to be healthy. What diet is Sharwan on?  I have actually been eating healthy too! 

  We taught some teenage girls this week. I was on exchanges again we taught half of Elk Rivers lessons when I was there on exchanges. The Elders there are more on the quite side.  My companion is struggling. He just doesn't want to be a missionary. He doesn't have appreciation for obedience. He will get over it though. I have been super duper obedient the last 3 weeks. but he doesn't care I will probably start to get hard on him! sounds fun. Good thing Elder Waite was my trainer! I am learning a lot. Hopefully I will be outta here soon! Either 3 weeks or 9 weeks I am headed to Minneapolis. At least this is my theory. I am working hard though. Our area needs improvement so I still need to work hard! Always hard work! Best part of being a missionary. I have loved my mission so far. It goes super fast. I am almost on the downward spiral of it. Kind of crazy but (some lady sitting just next to me said, "just typing away there aren't ya?")  And I just said ya.... If only she knew. The old me would have rebuked her and said well this is the only time I get to communicate with my family and friends every week so I better be fast.  But I have learned to be nicer. 

Off subject though. Sky had a b-day recently!   I love her and hope she had a very happy birthday. Camping sounds fun.Sky is a rock star. Literally one of my favorite people in the whole world. Even though she is just 10. 

So many people are set in their ways out here. But I am just really persistent. I think the thing I have said most is why not?  What would hold you back from listening?  I am starting to see the pride of the world that Elder Mumford talked about. Well I love you guys. Work on the stuff I need asap that would be nice although i know you got the package all set up.  It is kind of sad, every time I go to the library the librarians are getting annoyed. No mail again? Nope haven't got any mail! So Please send some. Cause I need a library card. No I will just have sister Juncker write me and I will get a library card with that mail.  My life consists of the same thing but its nice to hear what normal life is like. See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment